- 1/3 cups of Quaker Steel Cut Oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cups water
- A dash of salt (For low sodium diets, omit salt)
- Combine oats, water*, and salt in a deep microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on 50% Power 2.5 - 3 minutes. **
- Stir and allow to cool 2 - 3 minutes before serving.
CAUTION: Bowl will be very hot!
*To avoid boil over, refrain from adding milk until AFTER cooking.
**Due to difference in microwave ovens, cooking times are approximate.
Microwaves are all different and may cause boil over or undercooked oatmeal. See below table for suggested cooking times according to microwave oven wattage (Note: 50% Power required/suggested for all microwave ovens and times.)
|Suggested Cook Time on 50% Power
||Approximate Microwave Wattage