A heart healthy diet should include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lean protein and legumes, and should limit fat, saturated fat and cholesterol and sodium. This recipe per 1 serving provides at least 1g soluble fiber. Experts recommend that to maintain good health, no more than 10% of your calories should come from saturated fat, and no more than 20-35% of daily calories should come from total fat. See nutritionals below.
- 1/2 cup(s) plain nonfat Greek yogurt or plain almond milk yogurt
- 1 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) Original Quaker Oat Beverage
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped Granny Smith apple, peeled, if desired
- 1/2 medium frozen banana, peeled
Prep Time: 10 minutes