A heart healthy diet should include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lean protein and legumes, and should limit fat, saturated fat and cholesterol and sodium. This recipe per 1 serving provides at least 1g soluble fiber. Experts recommend that to maintain good health, no more than 10% of your calories should come from saturated fat, and no more than 20-35% of daily calories should come from total fat. See nutritionals below.
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) nonfat Greek yogurt, plain almond milk yogurt or no-sugar-added vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium banana, peeled
- 1 cup(s) Original Quaker Oat Beverage
- 1 tablespoon(s) chia seeds
Prep Time: 5 minutes