A heart healthy diet should include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lean protein and legumes, and should limit fat, saturated fat and cholesterol and sodium. This recipe per 1 serving provides at least 1g soluble fiber. Experts recommend that to maintain good health, no more than 10% of your calories should come from saturated fat, and no more than 20-35% of daily calories should come from total fat. See nutritionals below.
- 1/2 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 Tablespoon(s) nonfat milk
- 1/3 Cup(s) plain nonfat yogurt, traditional or Greek
- 1/2 Cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 2 Teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon(s) raw pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts