To make 1 serving:
• 1-1/2 cups water or milk
• 1/4 cup Quaker Steel Cut Oats
To make 4 servings:
• 4 cups water or milk
• 1 cup Quaker Steel Cut Oats
1. Bring water or milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in oats, reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until oats are of desired texture.
Crock Pot Directions
8 cups water OR 4 cups water plus 4 cups skim milk
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups Quaker Steel Cut Oats, uncooked
1. Spray inside of 5-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine water (or water/milk), oats and salt in the slow cooker. Cover and turn heat setting to LOW.
3. Cook until oats are tender and porridge is creamy, 7-8 hours.
4. Stir well. Cool slightly then serve immediately