Start Your Day with Breakfast
Breakfast is considered by many to be the most important meal of the day, yet it is the meal that is most often skipped. Some people don’t make time for breakfast because of a misguided dieting effort. Although they feel that skipping breakfast is a benefit because it eliminates some calories, in reality, they are missing out on a lot more than that. Eating a healthy breakfast each morning plays an essential role in helping keep you feeling full and promotes healthy metabolic functions, which are important for weight loss.
Did Your Know That…?
- The National Institutes of Health recommend eating breakfast every day because people who do are less likely to overeat later in the day.
- According to the American Dietetic Association, starting your day by eating a healthy breakfast can actually help people lose weight or maintain their weight better than people who choose not to eat breakfast each day.
- Regular breakfast consumption is a common characteristic of people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off.
- Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal is an ideal food to incorporate into a healthy diet for those trying to control their weight.
- The 2010 Dietary Guidelines state that eating a nutrient-rich breakfast has been associated with weight loss and weight maintenance, as well as improved nutrient intake. Additionally, skipping breakfast has been associated with excess body weight, especially among adolescents.