LIFE LEGOLAND CONTEST ("CONTEST") OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER. Log on to www.quakerlifecereal.com (the "Website"), between 12:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time ("CT") on May 21, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. CT on November 30, 2012, and follow instructions to complete the registration form and to upload an image (photo, drawing or digital rendering) created by your Eligible Child (as defined in Rule #3) of something creative that the Eligible Child would like to see as a huge scale LEGOÂ® construction ("Entry"). Online Entries must be in one of the following formats: JPG, GIF, PNG or a PDF and cannot exceed 2MB in size. All online Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on November 30, 2012. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address per Eligible Child. Entrant may only enter each of his/her children once. Sponsor and its agencies will not accept Entries that are late, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible or lost. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one (1) Entry will void all entries and result in disqualification. All Entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES. Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. By entering, you acknowledge that the Entry may be posted on the Sponsor's Website, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Entries that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein will be ineligible. Entries cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting a Contest Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your Eligible Child's original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name or likeness is used in the Entry, if any, and (f) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. In the event of an identity dispute, Entry will be considered made by the name appearing on the Entry. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor.
3. ELIGIBILITY. To enter the Contest, you must be (i) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) eighteen (18) years of age (19 in AL or NE) or older at the time of entry; and (iii) the parent or legal guardian of the Eligible Child at the time of entry. An Eligible Child is defined as a child between the ages of four (4) and fourteen (14). Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings) or household members (whether or not related) of each are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. FIRST ROUND CONTEST JUDGING. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges under the supervision of Young America, Inc. (the "Judging Organization"), whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entries will be judged as follows (the "Judging Criteria"): (a) Creativity/Originality (40%); (b) Perceived public appeal (30%); and (c) How well the Entry would translate into an approximate six (6) foot by six (6) foot LEGO display (30%). The top twenty (20) entrants whose Entries received the highest cumulative scores for all criteria awarded by the judges will be deemed "Finalists". In case of a tie, tied Entries will be broken by cumulative score awarded for "Creativity/Originality". If tie continues, then tie(s) will be broken by the Contest Entry with highest cumulative score in the second criteria, continuing thereafter to the third criteria to break the tie.
5. SECOND ROUND CONTEST JUDGING. Finalists' Entries will be judged by a LEGO architect based on the above Judging Criteria. The Finalist whose Entry received the highest cumulative score as awarded by the LEGO architect will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In case of a tie, tied Entries will be broken by "How well the concept would translate into a Lego sculpture". Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about December 31, 2012.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. One (1) Grand Prize: Trip for winner and winner's three (3) guests to LEGOLAND Florida in Winter Haven, Florida. Winner and his/her guests will be able to view the LEGO construction of the winning Entry (either completed or in the process of the construction). At least one (1) of the guests must be the Eligible Child that created the Entry. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the trip. Travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion, at a later date. Trip consists of round-trip, coach-class air transportation for winner and winner's guests (from a major commercial airport nearest the winner's U.S. home), three (3) nights hotel accommodations (1 room, quad occupancy), four (4) admission tickets to LEGOLAND Florida for two (2) days, a behind the scenes look at LEGOLAND Florida, a meet and greet to see how the Master Model Builders bring creations to life, and $800 (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). Actual value may depend on city/day/time of departure and destination. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and change, and are at Sponsorâ€™s discretion. Travel must be taken on dates as specified by Sponsor. Ground transportation, accommodations, meals, gratuities and all other costs and expenses associated with the prize and not specifically described herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. All travel is subject to government restrictions and regulations, hotel and airline restrictions and regulations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including airline flights). Winner and guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driverâ€™s license, passport) required for travel within the United States. ARV of Grand Prize: $4,300. Winner and travel guests must travel on same itinerary. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner cannot accept prize as stated by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited.
7. GENERAL. Potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) within ten (10) days of attempted delivery. Winner's guests (or their parent or legal guardian) will also be required to complete and sign a Liability Release within the same time frame. Failure to comply with this condition or the return of prize documents as undeliverable, will result in forfeiture of prize, without compensation. Participation constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winnerâ€™s name and likeness and Entry (which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Judging Organization. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be made by the name appearing on the online registration form. By accepting a prize, winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, and each of their respective affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotion agencies from any and all liability, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by Website users; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access of the Website; or downloading materials from or use of the Website. If, in the opinion of the Judging Organization, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Judging Organization reserves the right to disqualify suspect entries or modify the Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Judging Organization, at the Judging Organization's sole discretion. In such event, winner will be determined from eligible entries received prior to such determination, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by the Judging Organization.
8. WORK FOR HIRE. Each Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Entrant hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsorâ€™s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
9. WAIVER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By entering this Contest, participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneysâ€™ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter.
10. WINNER'S LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Life LEGOLAND Contest Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 750232, El Paso, TX 88575-0232. Requests must be received by December 31, 2012.
Sponsor: The Quaker Oats Company, 555 West Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois 60661